Tenant Insurance

Newfoundland Tenant & Renters Insurance

Do you Need Tenant Insurance?

Thought you were covered by your landlord’s insurance? Think again. You’ll need tenant insurance to protect your belongings. You need tenant insurance if you rent a property from someone else. It does not matter if you rent a house, an apartment, a condo etc.  A landlord’s property insurance will not cover you.

What most people don’t realize is that tenant insurance covers more than just your belongings! Most landlords (and their insurance company) require you to have tenant insurance. Why? Because they want you to be protected, and if something happens that causes a loss to the building which you are responsible for, your insurance will respond.

Newfoundland tenant insurance (renters insurance) assures you that you’re protected against the damage or loss of your personal property when you rent an apartment or house. Your landlord may have insurance that protects the physical building in which you reside, but this insurance will not cover your personal property. 

Sometimes renters feel they have little in terms of contents, but once you start adding up the value of your clothes, furniture, kitchen equipment etc. It becomes clear that even a nominal amount of tenants insurance is a must have.

Not only will Newfoundland tenant insurance protect your personal items, it will also help you with temporary housing and liability protection for people on your property. Newfoundland tenant insurance can help protect you in case of a liability lawsuit against you. This could occur in a situation where you are held responsible for:


Injury to another person


Damage to another person's property(whether the incident occurred within your rented residence or elsewhere)

Once you determine your need for tenant insurance, knowing your options will help you choose the best policy.

What’s Covered by Newfoundland Tenant Insurance?

Think of the costs associated with having to replace everything you own. What if you came home tomorrow and your apartment had burned down? Where would you go? How would you pay to replace your clothing, furniture, and appliances? When you ask yourself what tenant insurance covers, you can say yes to all of the above. Tenant insurance can cover virtually all of your personal possessions. Most policies provide coverage for electronic goods and equipment, small appliances, sports equipment, cameras and photography equipment, furniture, clothing, glassware and china, and books. Items such as computers, jewelry, furs, watercraft, and firearms can also be covered with extended protection. Your tenant insurance policy will include:


Personal property protection


Family liability protection


Guest medical protection


Additional living expenses


Additional protection

Get a Newfoundland Tenant Insurance Quote Today!

Over 35% of Canadian renters under the age of 35 don’t have tenant insurance. Make sure you’re not just a statistic. All you need to do is  Click Request Quote on the side and one of our professional brokers at Crosbie Job will get you the best possible tenant insurance. Alternatively you can get an immediate quote and take out the policy now by clicking ONLINE QUOTE!  Let’s make sure we’ve got you covered!

Protection you deserve