By Basil Crosbie
So it looks like you have a snow storm headed your way. The kids are rejoicing … no school … play time … sliding etc.But if you are like most adults you aren’t very happy about it.
Snow storms can be a royal pain in the buttox, but there are many things you can do to take the pain out of the day and get ready.
With that in mind we offer some tips to get ready for the great white out.
1. Get your provisions
- It’s a scary place before a snow storm … but get to the grocery store (or at least a convenience store and replenish the necessities.
- If you are going to be inside get a few extra snacks so you enjoy your day.
- Mom and Dad might want to pick up that bottle of wine.
2. Know where your flashlights are (and check the batteries)
3. Check the batteries on your radio (if the power is gone you can keep abreast of what’s going on)
4. Have an Emergency Preparedness Kit.
5. If you have one check your portable generator and make sure you have fuel for it.
6. If you have one check on your snow blower and make sure you have gas to get it running.
7. Make sure you know where your winters clothes are (you will need them for when you have to go outside and clean up.)
8. Keep a Shovel inside. With the way the wind whips around in NL, its not unheard to have snow fill up and block you in.Hopefully you can get out another way.
9. Have Salt/Sand on-had to help with slippery areas.
10. Pack an emergency kit in your car – if you have to go out at least be prepared, with these winter driving tips.
11.Charge up the cell phones
12. Know where the blankets and sweaters are just in case of a power outage
13. If you have one check the woodstove
14. Check your fireplaces and have some wood on hand
15. Plan Snow Day Activities for the kids.
- Have some movies on hand
- Find the board games and cards
- Have some books on hand
- Check out these activities.
So what does this have to do with insurance? Not a lot, but we care about our insured.Be prepared makes your life easier.You have trusted Crosbie Job Insurance as your trusted insurance provider, and we want to help.Our clients are our family, and family looks out for family.
Don’t waste a moment. Please feel to contact us for a quote. We are here for you.
Give our Experts Shout!
Meet the team: For Brokers Across the Island
Ph: 709-726-5414 or 1-800-563-7788
Email: [email protected]